English teachers are qualified professionals who teach reading, writing, and speaking skills to students. They teach students in Elementary, Middle, or High School, and plan and execute lessons according to a pre-set curriculum. Completely free trial, no card required.
English teachers work at schools and other institutions. They teach the principles of the English language, using different methods to deliver successful courses. English teacher responsibilities can vary based on the academic level and native language of the students.
English teacher responsibilities include:
- Planning course material and activities
- Assessing the students’ progress (e.g. homework, exam grades, etc.)
- Building trusting relationships with students, parents, and other staff
- Location: Kelowna, BC
- Salary: $40.27 to $64.72 hourly for 1 to 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract (ending: 2023-05-01)
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-08-26
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced English teacher to join our bright team. If you love English and have the ability to teach the language with patience and tact, let’s meet.
Your main goal will be to create a supportive learning environment which will help your students meet their learning goals. Through interesting and diverse methods, you’ll teach them the important rules of reading, writing, and speaking in English. You’ll oversee their progress by tracking their assignment and exam grades, in order to provide useful feedback.
- Organize classroom lectures and coursework
- Prepare materials and activities
- Assign homework and interesting exercises
- Identify students with special requirements and create individualized plans
- Determine exam and assignment grades
- Provide feedback based on workload and classroom behavior
- Keep a record of students’ attendance and grades
- Research new language teaching methods
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Inform parents about their children’s performance
- Collaborate with teaching staff and administrators to foster a good student experience
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as an English teacher
- Knowledge of various teaching methods
- Deep understanding of the national curriculum and English language requirements
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- A patient and resilient personality
- Dedication to students and education
- BSc/BA in English Language or English Literature; MSc is a plus
- Master’s degree
- or equivalent experience
- English/English Language Arts Teacher Education
Experience an asset
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.