Up to $34 an hour
Full Job Description
- Monday to Friday work
- On the job training
- Friendly working environment
About the Organisation
Flavorite is one of Australia’s largest glasshouse producers of fresh fruit and vegetables. Flavorite grow, market, distribute and supply premium fresh produce which is full of flavour both nationally and internationally. The driving force behind the Flavorite story is our people. Our team continue to push the boundaries in the agricultural space and innovate to ensure we produce the best tasting produce all year round whilst minimising our impact on the environment. Join us in creating a healthy and sustainable tomorrow. We have a strong culture that is underpinned by our family values and a thirst for continuous improvement. Our workforce is diverse and our technical capabilities are best in class within the agricultural industry.
We are about to enter our busy season and are looking for pickers and crop workers to join our team!
We offer an hourly rate of pay plus an incentive bonus! You could earn up to $34 per hour.
Located in the heart of the Goulburn Valley, Flavorite Tatura is looking for casual staff to fill a number of picking, packing and crop care positions.
Our Katunga site is located in the Goulburn Valley region, a convenient 10-minute drive from the town of Numurkah and half an hour from the Murray River town of Cobram. Flavourwave is looking for casual staff to fill a number of picking and crop care positions for the new crop season.
About the Opportunity
Flavorite is rapidly growing and we are looking for enthusiastic people to join our Crop Work Care and Production Team.
Crop Care Duties will involve:
- Truss Pruning – Selecting the best fruit to achieve optimal truss production
- Twisting – Training the plants to grow up the string supports
- Layering – Lowering the plants for picking and de-leafing
- De-leafing – Removing leaves to improve the growth of the plants and to make the next harvesting truss visible.
Picking Duties will involve:
- Picking fruit to meet KPIs and quality requirements
- Follow all farm and production hygiene protocols
- Operation of bull to cart picking trolleys
- Operation of gantry system in the capsicum crop
Packing Duties will involve:
- Packing fruit to meet KPIs
- Packing fruit to quality requirements
- Other tasks as required
To see a demonstration of some of these duties, visit our You Tube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/FlavoriteHydroponics
The successful applicants:
- Have a well-built work ethic and reliability
- Demonstrate strong team work abilities
- Be self-motivated
- Able to follow instruction
Why join us
- We love to share our knowledge and develop our team to offer a long term career
- Our business is rapidly expanding
- We have a great culture and friendly team
- We offer a performance bonus all year for these roles